Another one of my very own recipes. Very simple veggie soup that I made as a pre-dinner snack as I wanted something comforting, healthy and easy to fill me up before my husband got home, and I had some courgette that just needed to be used.
Servings: 2 large, 3 average
- Onion, 1/2 medium diced
- Garlic, 1 clove chopped
- Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 2 teaspoons
- Courgette (zucchini), 1 large diced
- Swede (rutabaga), 1 cup diced
- Spinach, 1 cup frozen
- Carrot, 1 large diced
- Chicken broth, 4 cups
- Saute the onions and garlic with the vegetable oil, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the all the vegetables and chicken broth. Let boil covered until vegetables are soft.
- Serve as is for a chunky soup, or blend it for a creamy soup